Privacy & SecuritySysprotect is the sister of the Winfixer infection that continues cause misery to so many. It can be forcibly installed by the Vundo trojan via vulnerabilities in the Windows operating system and Java software, both Microsoft and Sun Java have updates to patch the holes.
SysProtect and Vundo
Information and removal
Visible symptoms of an infected system -
- Fake infection warnings for the Blackworm or Bagle viruses.
- You may be directed to amaena.com where other Rogue Security products are offered for sale
- Pop ups for SysProtect. These can be shown together with Winfixer pop ups
- Pop up advertisements for Adult Friend Finder may be displayed.
You will need
- Download Vundofix from Here to your desktop ready for use to remove the Vundo trojan and Winfixer components.
This removal file was developed by and provided courtesy of www.atribune.org
- Download KillSP.bat to your desktop. A removal tool created by us to detect and delete the components/registry entries of the SysProtect application, if it has been installed.
- Download, install and check for updates. Ewidow Malware scanner to remove any additional malicious software that has been installed. (Free trial reverts to free version after 14 days).
During the install, uncheck the box to install background guard / real-time protection. Ewido is only available for Windows XP and 2000, for other versions, use A squared A free version is available
1 )Double click on the KillSP.baticon on your desktop and follow the onscreen instructions to check for and remove (if installed) SysProtect
1)Double click on the Vundofix.exeicon on your desktop to open the program. To check for, and remove the Vundo Trojan, if installed.
2) Click to put a checkmark in the Run VundoFix as a taskbox, which will open this window. Click OK.
When VundoFix reopens, click Scan for Vundo
When the scan is complete, click Remove Vundo
Click yesat the prompt to confirm you want to remove the files.
When VundoFix has finished, you will get a message saying your computer will now be shut down, click OK
4)Restart your PC.
5)Run a full system scan with Ewido or A2.
Your system should now be free of SysProtect and the Vundo Trojan. To complete the clean up of your system following a malware infection see here
To prevent future infections, check for, and install any critical Windows updates, and install the latest version of Java from here. Sun Java
You are welcome to send comments. Feedback@internetinspiration.co.uk
This information is provided free of charge/subscription/registration and without warranty. All the usual disclaimer jargon applies.
However, if this page has helped resolve your problems without having the expense of taking your PC to a repair shop or the hassle of reformatting, you may like to support our efforts with a small donation towards the maintenance ,further development of this site and the research to create more pages like this for future malware, even £1, $1, €1 can help make sure we are still here should you ever need us again.
Privacy & Security
hackers, crackers & firewalls
BHO's & Hijackers
Drive by downloads
Scams & Hoaxes
Free pest scan
Clean up/repair after malware infection
Prevent malware installing
Start in Safe mode
Show hidden files/folders
enable/disable Active X controls
Disable Messenger service pop-ups
Use the Host file
Removal tool for Rogue spyware removers & Fake Warnings
Kill Sdbot-ADD / lockx.exe
Kill seeve.exe / mediamotors pop ups
New Winfixer infection displays fake Blackworm warning
The real cost of Free security software